- The assistance turns off automatically when it detects that you are no longer on your board, a few seconds after the propeller is out of the water.
- The assistance helps you with the take-off, and stops automatically when you’re surfing, depending on the setting you’ve saved with the Kahe Surf app.
- Take off : the assistance just gives you the push to catch the wave, but stops as soon as the wave pushes your board. Assistance remains active, however, if the wave thrust is insufficient (any small wave, or soft wave for example).
- Standard : the assistance accompanies you to the take off and until you have gained enough speed to ride the wave with confidence.
- Full ride : assistance remains on most of the time even in medium waves. The engine only stops in strong waves that overwhelm the assist.
These are indications to guide you but as always it is the ocean that decides and the surfer who adapts ! Try out the different settings to get an idea and learn how to choose what suits you best depending on the waves of the moment. The assistance also turns off automatically when it detects that you are no longer on your board, a few seconds after the propeller is out of the water.
Battery alertsOn the water, assistance will alert you when the battery is almost empty. This will allow you to return to the beach with assistance before the battery is fully discharged.
Here are the different indications that your board will give you:
Your board will emit a series of 6 «beeps» every two minutes of engine use. Depending on your distance from the beach, we advise you to go home.
10% battery remaining
Engine power will be reduced by 40% to allow you to maintain range, and the series of 6 «beeps» will sound every engine minute. We strongly recommend that you go back to the beach to change the battery or to put the battery back on charge.
3% battery remaining
The engine will be cut without the possibility of restarting it. You will hear a long “biiiiip” (four seconds). You will have to go home without assistance, and put your battery back on charge as soon as possible, otherwise its performance will deteriorate sharply.